What are the biggest chellenges that enterprises face that decrease the effectiveness of their visual collaboration?
Low Immersiveness of Visual Collaboration- Immersiveness is defined as how close the experience of video collaboration is to the experience of meeting face to face?
- In a two-location meeting, distant participants appear smaller than one tenth of their actual size; this makes you feel as if your team members are thousands of miles away
- In multi-location meetings, members of your teams appear significantly smaller making them appear as talking stamp size heads
- Poor audio quality and lack of stereo spatial audio leaves end users straining to identify far site speakers with their hand and lip movements only
- There is lack of eye contact which makes you unconsciously uncomfortable and makes you feel as if the far site participants are not talking to you
- Apart from seeing and talking to the distant participants, no serious work can be accomplished on account of multiple challenges in sharing their desktops, explaining from a whiteboard or from documents which is very much easy in face to face meetings!
- Also shared content is not readable for all the participants on account of room layout and small content display monitors
- Smudgy video quality in point to point calls which further gets worsens in multipoint video calls in spite of using larger bandwidth
- Poor image quality or participants on account of poor lighting in the room
On account of this the highest immersiveness that you can get in standard video collaboration solutions is 5 to 20%
Extreme low ease of usage-How easy it is to use without getting IT and admin support?
- Users are unable to join a meeting without IT assistance. It appears to them as difficult as rocket science.
- How easily end users can connect to anyone or multiple locations on demand?
- How easily can they get everyone on the same page? Scheduling and connecting multiple locations across the organization together in a single call over multiple networks involving some participants on audio requires days of planning and organizing.